I met these lovely ladies at the My Beauty Mark Runway Competition a couple weeks ago. I was fortunate enough to get involved in an Instagram collab with this group soon after! Each of these girls is so talented, I’m sure you can see just from this image! We all decided on the same Decaying Beauty theme and it was awesome to see the different interpretations from each artist. You MUST check out all of these ladies on Facebook or Instagram. Clockwise from top right: Dominique LDR, Hortencia Garcia, Priscilla Castro-Preciado, …Me
I picked up the crackle effect technique from Nikki Lopez at the PhamExpo last year. Such a cool effect! It’s been in the back of my mind since the expo! When everyone decided on Decaying Beauty, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do, kind of.
You can achieve the crackle effect with any kind of clay mask. When it dries, it cracks! Here are most of the products I used on the decaying side.
- Kett Cosmetics Hydro Foundation– Color clay and darken cracks
- Brown Script MAC Eye Shadow- Contour and Shadow effect at edge of cracks
- Make Up For Ever Flash Palette– Black and White to draw cracks
- Lunatick Cosmetics, Dr. Jekyll Kromatick Silk- Gold highlight
- Reflects Transparent Pink MAC Glitter- sprinkled on top of cracked clay
The right side of my face was feeling pretty fabulous after I washed everything off 😉