Tim Burton’s Voodoo Girl from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories inspired this look.
- Apply spirit gum where you want a seam. Tap glue with finger until tacky.
- Roll a small amount of scar wax into a long skinny worm and place directly on top of spirit gum to adhere to skin.
- Lightly blend edges of wax into the skin with finger or spatula. See top, left pic
- Seal with wax sealer.
- Apply foundation to entire face. I used a large sponge to cover more area quickly, but avoided the seams so I wouldn’t irritate or disrupt the shape. See top, right pic.
- I used a small foundation brush to fill in the area around the seams. See bottom, left pic.
- To deepen the seams, apply a small amount of grey shadow above and below with a small dense natural hair brush.
- I painted stitches over the seams with black Mehron water activated paint and a small detail/liner brush.
- To adhere the stuffing to the open seam, apply a small amount of spirit gum in the opening, tap with finger until tacky, then place a small amount of stuffing onto glue. Carefully stitch up the opening. See images below
- You can add mixing medium to pigments and create tears OR you can use glycerin instead. Thanks for the knowledge My Beauty Mark 😉 I also found this tutorial with step by step instructions on how to make your own mixing medium.
Final look with stitches and tears are below!!